Our proposed Family Recovery Retreat retreat would cost £800 per person and include:
- 7 nights accommodation in our boutique hotel, complete with outdoor pool
- Airport Transfers
- Delicious vegetarian cuisine made in our kitchen with fresh ingredients – breakfast, lunch and supper
- Yoga classes twice daily (Pre-breakfast and Pre-dinner, excluding Sundays)
- Visit to the local hammam for a steam, scrub and short massage (optional extras can be purchased)
- Family therapy sessions throughout the week
- Workshops for further understanding addiction and its implications
- Day excursion to local fishing village for lunch, shopping and beach fun
- A trip to the local market for food, clothing and souvenir shopping
- Belly dancing lesson
- Daily group therapy sessions
- Private boat trip
Over the course of the week we will work with family members to help them understand that the three “C’s” of addiction apply not only to the person who is addicted, but to his or her family members as well. The three “C’s” are:
You did not cause it
You cannot control it
You cannot cure it
Whilst attending the Family Retreat, parents/caregivers and siblings are shown how they have suffered some of the same symptoms of addiction as their loved one, and we also look at how to let go of taking responsibility for the addicted person’s disease and their recovery process, how to focus on themselves again, and how to rebuild other significant relationships.
Our ethos is largely based on twelve step programs, such as Al-Anon or Families anonymous, and our recommendation would be that once family members leave the retreat they continue to attend meetings and work on their own healing in this space.
We feel Azure can be the safe space many need to do their healing, away from the distractions of everyday life and without the alcohol and pressures of a traditional holiday. Our experienced facilitators will guide you through your healing in regular sessions, and in your free time you can enjoy the sun, explore the local area, head to the beach, or take some time to build new memories with your family.
To register your interest please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.